Fruit Growers owns and manages approximately 335,000 acres of timberland in California, Oregon and Washington. Over the last 100 years, since Fruit Growers bought its first mill and forest property, these timberlands have evolved from a source of packaging material to become one of our most valuable assets. They have provided the membership with a steady, reliable flow of initially box material, and now income, over the last 100 years.
Modern sustainable forestry techniques, the protection of water, resources and wildlife, and well-conceptualized long-term planning combine to make Fruit Growers a leader in the industry. With sustainable forest management practices, implemented by a dedicated staff of licensed professionals, our timberlands will continue to be very valuable financial resources - forever.
For more information about Fruit Growers and its commitment to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, please visit the Sustainability section of our website.
- 335,000 acres in 3 states
- Modern forestry techniques
- Sustained yield forestry
- A hedge against containerboard costs
- Development of genetically superior seeds
- Insuring the timberlands of the future
- A legacy for future generations
- Professional forestry management staff
- Commitment to Sustainable Forestry Initiative Standard
Read more about SFI